Thursday 1 December 2011

Team Building

Team building is a very important part of group dynamics. It brings a group together, and establishes trust between its members.

Although teams are not always best applied, when they are used in the correct manner, they can be very productive.

I am a big fan of teams, as I enjoy the camaraderie of working together. That's probably because I have a lot of leadership qualities, and I enjoy group dynamics. However, it must be said that without an effective leader, a groups efforts are not likely to be fruitful.

Some thing very important to remember about groups:

                              

I have experienced many examples of various team building exercises. Team skis is always a good one. It requires all the members to work together or everyone will fall and be embarrassed!

I participated in an exercise in which each person was to play the part of someone who was either blind, deaf, mute, was missing an arm or leg etc. So in my case, we had to out up a tent. It was difficult at the start, as i was the blind one, but with the help of my other team mates, we managed to complete the task.

I find that just spending some quality time with your colleuges outside of a work setting can be beneficial for the group bonding.

I think teams are a great way to complete tasks, when they have a good leader and willing members.









2 comments:

  1. very well written and very reflective, love it but think the sentence above your first picture should be in bold in my opinion. But overall very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good layout, Great example used for team work explained what it means very well
    good work :)

    ReplyDelete