Thursday 24 November 2011

Effective Presentations

What are effective presentations?

Well, that is a personal opinion. In my mind, an effective presentation is one where my audience walk away feeling they have understod the message I was trying to convey.

In college this year, one of our assignments was to prepare and give a presentation. We where allowed to choose a topic of our choice, so I chose pioneering.

This is a topic I know inside out, so that was nothing to worry about. It was the preparing and presenting of my own work that concerned me most. I set to work, putting together slides and gathering pictures, and my slide show came together nicely.



I practiced a lot, and once  I was confident with the material, I timed it. All presentations had to be five minutes long, so I had to make some adjustments to make a a little longer.

I knew that my audience was my peers, so kept the language simple and made it as interesting and entertaining as I could.

On the day, I was a bit nervous, but i knew I had practiced and practiced, so i was confident in my material. The presentation went without difficulty and a had a good time doing it!

When we got our grades from the assignments, I got full marks! I guess this proves that preparation is key!

I hope this has been some level of help!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Philip, I thougt you gave a very good definition of a good presentation where you said 'an effective presentation is one where your audience walk away feeling they have understood the message you were trying to convey'.

    ReplyDelete